Watermelon mojito is a very refreshing summer drink. It is one of my favourites. It is very refreshing as it contains watermelon pulp, lemon and mint. This drink is quick to make, and you will rarely go wrong with this.
Ingredients used for watermelon mojito mocktail:
The following ingredients serves 2 people.
- Prep Time – 10 mins.
- Making Time – 10 mins.
- Total Time – 20 mins.
- 1/2 medium sized Watermelon. Roughly chopped and seeds removed.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Soda water
- handful of mint leaves (around 25-30 leaves)
- Simple Syrup – To make this, boil equal amount of water and brown sugar, then cool it down to the room temperature.
- 4 slices of Lemon
- Lots of Ice cubes
Stepwise Procedure to make refreshing Watermelon Mojito Mocktail:
- Take the roughly chopped seedless watermelon and lemon juice and blend it together in a mixer.
2. Take the mint in a mortar and crush it with pestle. The flavour and aroma of the mint will come out well. Leave few leaves for garnishing.
3. Now we will start putting the ingredients together to make Watermelon Mojito. Put the crushed mint leaves, lots of ice cubes and 2 lemon slices each in 2 glasses.
4. Now we will start pouring in the watermelon juice in the glass prepared in step #3. We will fill half the glass with watermelon juice and the later half with soda water. Then add the Simple Syrup as per your taste and desired sweetness level. I have added 4 table Spoon syrup in each glass here. Stir it well.
5. We can garnish the watermelon mojito with few mint leaves. Our watermelon mojito is ready to be served.
Buy this beautiful tall glass from Flipkart (click here) or Amazon(click here).
Important Points to be noted in this Watermelon Mojito Mocktail Recipe:
- Watermelon should be seedless before blending. If you strain it after blending, the pulp might also get strained.
- Blend it well so that there are no big chunks left. Everything should be small enough to pass through a straw.
- Add the soda just before serving. Else you will lose the fizz.
- You can use cold pressed watermelon juice if you want to retain maximum possible nutrients.
- If you don’t have brown sugar, you may use regular white sugar.
- You may use sprite/7up instead of soda, but then don’t add Simple Syrup as it might turn too sweet.
Leave a Reply