We have previously done Kesar Pista Cookies, Jeera Cookies, Almond Cookies and now it is turn for Kaju Pista Cookies. Kaju Pista Cookies are one of the popular cookies in India. It is known for the crispy texture. They are eggless and made with pistachios, cashews and flavored with cardamom powder. It tastes good with a cup of coffee and also perfect for gifting.
Kaju Pista Cookies Eggless – Ingredients Used
The following ingredients are for approximately 3 Dozen Cookies.
Prep Time – 20 mins.
Cooking Time – 20 mins.
Total Time – 40 mins
- 100 grams of Butter (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 Cup and 2 tbl. sp. Powdered sugar (approx. 120 gms)y
- 6 pcs cardamom (Elaichi) – in Powdered Form
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- Roughly broken Pistachio (Pista) – around 30 pcs
- Roughly broken Cashew (Kaju) – 1/2 bowl
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Pista Essence
- 2 Tablespoon Custard Powder
- Approx. 2 tbl. sp. warm milk
Stepwise procedure to make every one’s favourite Eggless Kaju Pista Cookies:
1. We will start making our favourite Kaju Pista Cookies with the creaming process. Take butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and start mixing till the batter becomes smooth and creamy and all the lumps are gone.
2. Add the powdered spices ( Cardamom ), broken Cashew and broken Pistachio into the cream mixture from step #1 and mix it well.
3. Now we will bind everything together, i.e. mix Maida (all purpose flour), Custard Powder, vanilla essence and Pista Essence in the mixture we prepared in step #2 .
Mix everything together with our hands.
4. If you feel that the dough is too dry you can add milk to it as required so that the dough is just moist enough to roll. Mix everything together nicely.
5. We will use the dough prepared in step #4 for making cookies. We will take part of the dough and roll it over flat surface into a cylindrical shape and then we will press the dough from top to give it a cuboid shape. Now we will wrap the rectangular dough with cling wrap and keep it in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes we will take out the dough from the refrigerator and then cut the dough into the equal size rectangular shaped cookies with a knife.
7. Now we will arrange all the cookies one by one over a cookie tray. We will preheat the convection microwave oven or OTG for about 10 minutes at 160 degrees. After that we will put the cookie tray in the pre heated convection microwave oven or OTG for about 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes we will take out the cookie tray and allow them to cool for sometime.
9. The Kaju Pista Cookies are now ready, enjoy it with a cup of tea.
Important Points to be noted in this Kaju Pista Cookies Recipe:
1. We need to keep an eye on the color while Kaju Pista cookies are getting baked as sometimes it gets over baked . It generally happens in the second batch of baking.
2. The cooking time mentioned above 20mins is for 1 batch. Since my oven can fit limited number of cookies, I had to make it in 3 batches, that increased my overall cooking time.
You can see if a larger tray fits in your microwave. Generally, the tray that comes along with the oven is small than what can fit in it.
3. You will get broken split cashew in market, which is much cheaper than buying whole cashews and then breaking them.
4. Cool the dough properly else it may crumble while cutting.
5. Use a slicing knife. You need a flat edge with a good blade length to be able to cut properly.
12th January 2017 at 6:04 pm
Pleas let me know at what temperature should I bake the biscuit if I’ m I using a oven . Also do u use the same recipe for the Jeera biscuit . Please let me know.
14th January 2017 at 9:30 am
We should bake at 160 degrees. Here is the recipe for jeera cookies:http://www.superyumrecipe.com/jeera-cookies-recipe/