ChocoChip cookies is made up of vanilla flavoured whole wheat flour dough and overloaded with Chocochips. It is generally thick with crisp edges and chewy in the middle. Chocochip cookies is a yummy snack which can be munched anytime of the day. These cookies are a nice accompaniment with a strong cup of coffee. It also makes for a great gifting option during festivities. The size of chocochip cookies depends on how you want to serve and it determines how much baking is required in this chocochip cookies recipe. For kids, it is advisable to make smaller sizes as these are pretty filling. If you want to serve it as a dessert, warm chocochip cookies, with Vanilla ice-cream, topped with some chocolate sauce, then larger size is recommended. Chocochip cookies recipe contains whole wheat flour which is healthier than your regular All purpose flour (Maida).
Eggless Chocochip Cookies Recipe with step by step photos
Chocochip Cookies is a rich and tempting snack option. Kids will love to have it in their lunch box or as a filler with a glass of milk.
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 cup Chocochips
- 1 tsp Baking soda (khane ka soda)
- 3/4 cup Granulated White Sugar (Cheeni)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 100 gm Butter (makhan)
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
Take 100 gms softened butter, 1 tsp Vanilla essence, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated White Sugar in a mixing bowl. Blend it with a beater until creamy.
Add 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup Chocochips and 1 tsp Baking soda and mix every thing together.
Add 4 tbsp Milk to the mixture and mix it well with hands.
Take spoonfuls of dough and start keeping it on a baking tray. Start arranging them in a way that that there is some gap between two cookies as it will rise and expand during baking.
Pre-heat convection Oven at 180 degrees. Once it is ready, put the baking tray in the oven for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes, remove Baking tray from the convection oven using oven mitten.
Place all the freshly baked Chocochip cookies over a wired rack and allow them to cool.
Once the Cookies have cool down it will have crisp edges and chewy middles.
Serve freshly baked Chocochip Cookies with a cup of hot coffee.
Step wise procedure to make Chocochip cookies:
- To make Chochochip cookies we need to first prepare the dough. For this, we take 100gms of softened butter, 1 tsp Vanilla essence, 3/4 cup granulated white Sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Blend it with a beater to make it soft and creamy. Read here on why we use brown sugar in baking.
- Our creamy mixture is ready now. This mixture is not exactly creamy but a little thicker like some paste. The Sugar granules will still be visible here. We do not use powdered sugar in this recipe as the granules help with a rough texture, though the sweetness will be same.
We will now add 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup Chocohips and 1 tsp baking soda to the creamy mixture prepared in step #1. Mix it well with a spatula. You can buy find Chocochips at your neighbourhood Gourmet store or buy it here from Amazon. I used Morde Chocolate chips.
- Add 4 tbsp Luke warm milk and mix it well with hands to make a dough. Dough should neither be too tight nor too loose.
- Now we need make small balls of the dough to give shape to individual cookies. Use your hands to pick up small portions of the dough to make Chocochip Cookies. Start placing it on a baking tray. There should be enough space left between two dough pieces to help it expand while baking. The idea is not to give an even or definite geometric shape to these cookies unlike other cookies like Badam Cookies, Kaju pista cookies, Kesar Pista cookies or Jeera cookies. Just make small portions of it.
- Pre-heat the Convection Oven to 180 degrees. Once pre-heating is done put the baking tray in the Convection Oven for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove the baking tray from the Convection Oven using Oven mittens. Place all the freshly baked cookies one by one over a wired rack. Allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, serve Freshly baked Chewy Chocochip cookies with a cup of hot coffee.
Important points to be noted in Eggless Chocochip Cookies Recipe:
- We can use hand wired whisker or electric beater for the creaming process.
- Make sure that the butter is at room temperature when starting the creaming process. Cold butter will make other ingredients cold and may form lumps.
- Make sure to keep two chocochip cookie dough well spaced apart so that they don’t mingle as it will expand while baking.
- Always wear Oven mitten while keeping and removing baking tray. The oven is hot!
- Why do some recipes mention “packed” brown sugar? – It simply means that when measuring the brown sugar make sure the cup is well packed with sugar only. There is lot of air between sugar particles, so we should press it on top to remove air and fill the top again using a spoon.
- Brown Sugar is used in chocochip cookie recipe for making the cookies chewy and it also give the light brown colour to the dough.