Virgin Mojito is refreshing blend of mint, lemon and soda water. The sweet taste accompanied by flavor of mint and addition of tangy lime makes perfect refreshing summer mocktail. This chilled carbonated mocktail is perfect to serve a large gathering during hot summer months since it is incredibly easy to make. The cocktail Mojito has white rum as the alcohol but we are making the mocktail version of mojito only here.
Virgin Mojito Recipe with step by step photos.
Virgin Mojito is a very refreshing summer mocktail. Virgin Mojito is non-alcoholic drink so it can be served at family gatherings as well.
- 15 Mint Leaves (pudina)
- 1/2 pc Lemon (nimbu)
- 10 Ice Cubes
- 200 ml Club Soda
- 5 tbsp Simple Syrup (To make this, boil equal amount of water and brown sugar, then cool it down to the room temperature)
Take 15 Mint Leaves in a mortar and crush it nicely with pestle.
Take 8 Ice Cubes in a glass jar. Fill about half the jar with ice. Add crushed mint leaves, 1/2 squeezed lemon juice, 5 tbsp simple syrup into the glass jar.
Add few lemon slices and mint leaves for garnishing into the serving glass.
Pour 200 ml Club Soda into the serving glass and mix it well with stirrer.
Serve Chilled refreshing Virgin Mojito.
Step-wise procedure to make Virgin Mojito:
- Take 15 Fresh Mint Leaves in a mortar and crush it nicely with pestle into a paste. We will get a nice mint fragrance once it is done. Don’t keep the crushed mint aside for long time as we may lose all it’s aroma.
- Take about 7-8 ice Cubes in jar. Add crushed Mint, 1/2 squeezed Lemon and 5 tbsp Simple Syrup into a glass tumbler. Add few more uncrushed mint leaves and few lemon slices for garnishing in serving jar. In this virgin mojito recipe we have used brown sugar, you may use regular white sugar also. Buy this beautiful jar from Flipkart (click here) or Amazon(click here).
- Finally, pour Club Soda into the serving glass prepared in step #2 and stir well with stirrer.
- Serve Chilled Virgin Mojito immediately.
Buy this beautiful glass jar from Flipkart (click here) or Amazon (click here)
Important Points to be noted in Virgin Mojito Recipe:
- We can even use Sprite instead of Club Soda. If we are using Sprite don’t add Simple Syrup otherwise it will be too sweet.
- Add the Club Soda just before serving otherwise you will lose the fizz.
- Don’t leave muddled mint leaves aside for long time otherwise mint leave it’s aroma.