Butter Milk is a popular summer drink. It acts as a cooling as well as digestion agent. Butter Milk is used all over India as a refresher. Butter Milk has generally thin consistency which you may vary depending on our taste. People generally have it in summer afternoon after lunch. In South India, Butter Milk is an essential part of every meal.
Masala Chaas or Butter Milk is a very refreshing summer drink. Buttermilk is very good for digestion. It can be taken daily after meal.
- 1.5 cup Plain Yogurt (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp Plain Salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp Powdered Cumin Powder (jeera powder)
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- 1 Cup Chilled Water (pani)
- 5-6 Ice Cubes
Take Plain Yogurt in a large bowl.
Add Water, Salt, Kala Namak and Jeera Powder to it and blend it well.
Put some Ice Cubes to it.
Garnish it with some Coriander Leaves and serve cold in a glass.
Step wise Procedure in Masala Chaas Recipe or Butter Milk Recipe or Salted Lassi Recipe:
- Take 1.5 cup Plain Yogurt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 Cup Water, salt, kala namak and jeera powder to it and blend it well.
- Add about 5-6 Ice cubes to this.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve cold.
Important Tip for Masala Chaas or Buttermilk recipe
- Make sure the yogurt is fresh. Stale yogurt will give a pungent taste.
- Water or Ice can be added according to consistency required. Add spices accordingly.