Bread Chaat is one of my favourite snacks. We can have Bread Chaat as a breakfast or as an evening snack. It has a spicy and tangy taste. Bread Chaat Recipe is very quick and easy to make. It is made with small bread cubes, 1 slice cut into 9 parts. We can use brown bread or white bread.
Bread Chaat Recipe with step by step photos.
Bread Chaat is very simple and easy to make. It is one of those quick snacks that you can make with easily available ingredients.
- 10 slice White Bread or Brown Bread
- 3 pc Onion (pyaz)
- 3 pc Tomato (tamatar)
- 10 pc Curry Leaves (meetha neem)
- 2 pc Green Chillies (hari mirch)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
- 2 tsp Salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder)
- 4 tbsp Curd (dahi)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (dhania patti)
- 4 tbsp Bhujia Sev
- 2 tbsp Oil
Take 10 pcs bread slices and cut it into small cubes and keep it aside. Cut each slice to 9 pieces.
Take 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and keep it over gas stove on a medium flame and let it heat.
Add 1/2 tsp rai and let it crackle. Then add curry patta, hari mirch and adrak for tadka.
Add 2 chopped onion to Tadka and stir fry till it is translucent.
Add 3 chopped tomatoes and cook it for 5 minutes.
Add spices i.e. haldi, namak and kali mirch powder. Mix well. Then add 4 tbsp curd and mix it again.
Add 4 tbsp tomato ketchup and mix.
Add the small bread cubes to the onion-tomato mixture. Mix gently so that bread does not break.
Garnish it with coriander leaves, bhujia sev and chopped onion.
Stepwise Procedure for Bread Chaat Recipe:
- Take 10 pcs of bread slice and cut each slice into 9 small cubes with knife and keep it aside.
- Take 2 tbsp Oil in a Kadai and put it over a gas stove on a medium flame.
- Add 1/2 tsp rai, 10 pcs of meethi neem, 2 pc hari mirch cut it vertically lengthwise and 1 tbsp finely chopped adrak to hot oil for tadka.
- Take 2 medium size onion and cut it vertically into thin slices. Add chopped onion to the Tadka. Stir Fry it for some time so that onion becomes translucent.
- Take 3 medium sized red Tomatoes and chop it into small pieces. Add chopped tomatoes when onion becomes translucent . Stir fry it.
- Add spices i.e. 2 tsp namak, 1/2 tsp kali mirch powder and 1/2 tsp lal mirch powder to onion-tomato mixture. Mix it well. Add 4 tbsp dahi to the mixture and mix it. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup to the gravy, this will give sweet and tangy taste. Mix well.
- Now add the small bread cubes which we have kept aside earlier. Mix it slowly otherwise bread will crumble a lot.
- Bread Chaat is ready. Empty it in a serving bowl and garnish it with haldiram’s bhujia, finely chopped coriander leaves and finely chopped onions. Serve hot.
Important points to be noted in making Bread Chaat:
- We can use whole wheat bread or white bread depending on our taste and health preferences.
- Mix Bread cubes very gently with gravy as bread cubes will get crumble if we mix fast and we will hardly find any bread cubes in it but just a soggy mix.
- Serve it hot as bread will become soggy soon and it will not taste good.
- You may add chilli sauce as well while garnishing.