We made Kesar Pista Cookies last week, now we will look at Badam Cookies, which is healthier. The recipe is similar to what we have done earlier but I have given a different shape to the cookies this time using a different preparation method.
Badam Cookies Recipe Eggless – Ingredients Used
The following ingredients are for approximately 2 Dozen Cookies.
- Prep Time – 20 mins.
- Cooking Time – 20 mins.
- Total Time – 40 mins.
- 100 gms Butter (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 Cup and 2 Tbl. Sp. Powdered Sugar (approx. 120 gms)
- 1/4th Nutmeg (Jaayaphal) – in Powdered Form
- 6 pcs Cardamom (Elaichi) – in Powdered Form
- 1.5 cup All purpose Flour (Maida)
- Roughly broken Almond (Badam) – around 40 pc – I have used California almonds.
- 2 tablespoon milk (mildly warm)
Stepwise procedure to make Badam cookies:
1.We will start making Badam Cookies with the creaming process. Take butter and sugar in a bowl and start mixing with the help of spatula till it is soft and fluffy.
2. We will now add the powdered spices i.e. Cardamom powder and Nutmeg powder to the mixture prepared in step #1. We will mix it well.
3. We will mix everything together with our hands. Add maida and roughly broken badam to the mixture in step #2.
4.Now as our dough is too dry to roll, we will add 2 tablespoon of warm milk to the dough. This will help moist the dough to roll. Now the dough is ready to make Badam Cookies.
5. We will use the dough prepared in step #4 for making cookies. We will take a part of the dough and roll it over a flat surface in cylindrical form and then we will the press the dough from top to give it a cuboid shape, like a loaf of bread. Now we will wrap the rectangular dough with a cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The cling wrap is done to retain the moisture.
6. After 20 minutes we will take out the dough from the refrigerator and then cut the dough into the equal size rectangular shaped cookies with a knife.
7. Now we will arrange all the cookies one by one over the cookie tray. We will preheat the convection microwave oven or OTG for about 10 minutes at 160 degrees. After that we will put the cookie tray in the pre heated convection microwave oven or OTG for about 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes we will take out the cookie tray and allow it to cool for sometime.
9. Now our cookie is ready to eat. Serve it with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Important Points to be noted in this Badam Cookies Recipe:
1. We need to keep an eye on the color while Badam cookies are getting baked as sometimes it gets over baked . It generally happens in the second batch of baking.
2. The cooking time mentioned above 20mins is for 1 batch. Since my oven can fit limited number of cookies, I had to make it in 3 batches, that increased my overall cooking time. You can see if a larger tray fits in your microwave. Generally, the tray that comes along with the oven is small than what can fit in it.
3. The dough needs to be cooled properly else it will crumble while cutting.
4. Use a slicing knife. You need a flat edge with a good blade length to be able to cut properly.